Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No matter how old they are, the girls in this house will always love to play dress up! =)  




Tonight's blog has nothing to do with dress up.  Just thought my girls were too cute not to share.  

We had a really great day in the Larison-Clark home.  A really, really great day!

Ema finally decided it was time to get off her duff and get  her IP (instructor's permit).  We only got a little lost trying to find the DMV. =/  Have you ever seen one of those "People of Wal-Mart" videos?  That's what the waiting room was like.  There was not enough anti-bacterial gel in Ema's purse to make me feel safe.  Em is usually a pretty cool cucumber.  This was not one of those times.  I thought she was going to break my van key she was fiddling with it so much!  Her poor cheeks were flaming red.  Of course, a good mom would have been offering words of encouragement.  I'm an evil mom.  I told her she better pass because I was never sitting with these crazy people again!  I also told her I would not feed her lunch if she didn't pass.  Good motivation, right?!  She is now the proud holder of a Kansas issued IP.  Farm permit to follow, fingers crossed.  See, my motivation worked! ;o)

Clara is still working on gaining weight.  We're making three weekly trips; two local & one to Topeka.  I am excited to share that our sweet Clara Grace has entered the world of a five-pounder!!  She weighed in today at 5pounds, 1.8ounces.  It has been so amazing watching her change.  She still isn't a "chubby" baby, but she's definitely starting to fill out.

Oh, yeah!  Mouth is on the mend.  All of my stitches fell out ahead of schedule; which totally freaked me out as I found them.  Swelling and bruising is almost all gone.  My lower jaw is still a little green and the inside is really nasty, but the DR said things look good and I'm healing nicely.  One more follow up in two weeks.  I must say, living life on ice cream and cookie dough hasn't been all that bad. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment